Styling with these classic colors can be tricky. This year we are diving into our interior design inspiration for the Fourth of July and showcasing a few of our design concepts for a Siesta Key Bungalow.
An Appreciation Of Family & History
America’s Independence Day is more than just a Holiday for Owner and Lead Designer Kelly Kaiser. Her love for our country and the military runs deep.
“Every year before Memorial Day, I decorate my own home with red, white and blue. When I pull up to a home the back of my SUV says “Proud Military Family”. Both of my brothers are currently in active military duty. My grandfather was a veteran of D-Day and The Battle of the Bulge in WWII. I love veteran’s and am so proud of our brave men and women and I never, ever take our freedoms for granted.”
We love these examples of vintage Americana styling. They evoke a feeling of history and respect.
Images Courtesy of Pinterest
Using Accessories And Accents In Design
This gorgeous sunroom got a makeover for the Fourth of July. Investing in great pillows from a store like Pottery Barn is a perfect way to add personality for the Holiday. The designer also brought in color with Red Delicious apples and a matching lamp.
“The right color of Red can be such a happy color.” says Kaiser. Below, a boys nursery takes on red, white and blue while keeping a nautical theme. Many prints in a consistent color of blue work well with the pop of color seen in the dresser.
Classic Blues With A Twist
Designing in Florida, there are plenty requests for blue to be used in Coastal style homes. It is a favorite, a very versatile shade. See it take on many forms in beds, wallpaper, and paint.
Bringing It All Together: Traditional Colors For A Siesta Key Home
One of Orange Moon Interiors current projects takes place on beautiful Siesta Key. We worked to create a functional and classic scheme for a Father settling into his new home. “Our custom sofas and chairs are proudly made in the USA and I want to continue to promote and support quality American made products.” says Kaiser.
1. Blue botanical wallpaper on all walls with existing white washed bed
2. Jute and iron mirror above bed, coordinating iron with existing bed
3. 60 inch diameter white fan
4. Blue and white bedding from Eastern Accents
5. Matching blue and white decorative drapery panels over bypass French doors
6. Flat-weave rug with grey top-stitching
7. Navy campaign style nightstands
8. Clear and silver table lamps
9. Vintage marine knots framed artwork
Guest Bedroom Design On Siesta Key
Of course, guest bedrooms have to be complete for two older sons that come to visit from time to time. We love this masculine, classic, and coastal style.
1. All walls painted Benjamin Moore Gray Cashmere
2. Framed flag artwork in blue with white washed frame over bed
3. Clean, white sheers drapery on oil rubbed bronze metal drapery hardware
4. ‘Bathing Suits’ framed artwork in room, in blue
5. Round mirror in oil rubbed bronze over dresser
6. Coastal Living ‘Escape’ dresser in color Sandbar
7. Flat-weave rug in navy and cream
8. Coral, white and blue bedding set from Eastern Accents
9. ‘Siesta Key’ swivel chair from Coastal Living in canvas neutral
10.Coastal Living Escape nightstands with clear and silver table lamps with white linen shades
1. Accent bed wall with horizontal striped red, cream and white wallpaper. All other walls Benjamin Moore Swiss Coffee.
2. Dresser in washed Greystone finish with sea coral white mirror above.
3. White lamp on dresser; blue, white and red accessories throughout home like these.
4. Natural jute rug in bleached neutral color.
5. Accent chair in grey and white stripe.
6. White metal bed with bedding in grey, blue, white and red.
7. White matching nightstands with white metal hanging bedside lamps. Washed accent mirrors behind
Orange Moon Interiors is booking projects for Fall of 2021. If you are looking for an interior designer for your home, contact us for a virtual design consultation.